You are here
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: When is Science of Cocktails?
A: Thursday, January 26, 2012
- Q: Where is Science of Cocktails held?
A: At the Exploratorium, 3601 Lyon St., San Francisco, CA 94123
- Q: How much do tickets to Science of Cocktails cost?
- Presale tickets are available from November 17 to November 28.
- Presale General Admission: $95 / Presale VIP: $160
- Regular General Admission: $120 / Regular VIP: $185
- Q: What's the difference between a Regular admission ticket and a VIP ticket?
A: General Admission ticket holders receive complimentary cocktails at 10 bars and a gourmet food buffet throughout the evening, plus access to a variety of special cocktail science activities, demonstrations, and programs. If you’re new to Uber (an on-demand car request service), you also receive $10 off your first ride.
With a VIP ticket, you get all the benefits of a General Admission ticket plus special perks. VIP ticket holders can enter the event 30 minutes early (at 7:00 p.m.) and have access to the Top-Shelf VIP Lounge, which features additional bars and premium spirits. They also have access to a variety of special programs and activities including molecular mixology demonstrations. In addition, VIP ticket holders receive 50 percent off of two rides with Uber, a gift bag, and a few other surprises.
- Q: Are any discounts available?
A: Members of The Exploratorium Lab receive 10% off of their ticket purchase. To join the Lab, visit www.exploratorium.edu/support/lab. Unfortunately, no other discounts are available.
- Q: Is my ticket purchase tax-deductible?
A: Yes. Please retain your ticket purchase receipt for your files.
- Q: Can I pay for my ticket with a check?
A: Yes, please call 415-353-0424 for assistance.
- Q: Do you sell tickets at the door?
A: We do not sell any tickets at the door. We offer advance ticket sales only. To order your tickets online, visit us at www.exploratorium.edu/scienceofcocktails.
- Q: What time does Science of Cocktails start?
A: Check-in begins at 6:30 p.m. VIP ticket holders may enter the event at 7:00 p.m. General Admission is at 7:30 p.m.
- Q: What time does Science of Cocktails end?
A: Last call is 10:30 p.m. Bars close at 10:45 p.m. The event ends promptly at 11:00 p.m.
- Q: How do I get to the Exploratorium?
A: We strongly encourage attendees to take public transportation to and from the event. Phone numbers for cab companies will be posted at the event exits. Our staff is happy to assist you with calling a cab or finding the closest bus route.
VIP ticketholders receive 50% off of two rides with Uber. General Admission ticketholders receive $10 off one ride with Uber if they are new to the service. We recommend you take advantage of this service to get you home safely.
If you must drive to the Exploratorium, please designate a driver. The Exploratorium has limited free parking available in the adjacent lot and in the St. Francis Yacht Club lot. Please visit our website for detailed parking instructions.
- Q: Where do I pick up my ticket?
A: Tickets purchased prior to December 31 will be mailed to you at the mailing address you indicated on the purchase form. If you do not receive your tickets within 14 days of purchase, please contact us at (415) 353-0424. Tickets purchased after December 31 will be kept at Will Call under the purchaser's last name. Will Call tickets will be available for pick up starting at 6:30 p.m. the night of the event.
- Q: I lost my ticket. Can I get another one?
A: Please call (415) 353-0424 for assistance.
- Q: I bought a ticket for my friends, and they can't come. Can I get my money back?
A: Unfortunately, tickets are not refundable. Hopefully, you can find someone to take your extra tickets.
- Q: What should I wear to Science of Cocktails?
A: There is no dress code, but we encourage festive or cocktail attire.
- Q: How can I get the most up-to-date information about the event?
- Q: I'm a member of the press. Do you reserve tickets for press?
A: We do reserve a limited number of tickets for qualified press. If you would like to attend as a member of the press, send your press credentials to our Public Information Department, email@example.com
- Q: If I promise not to drink, can I come to the event if I'm under 21 years of age?
A: No one under the age of 21 is permitted to attend the event. There will be no exceptions, and security will be carding ticket holders as they come into the event.
- Q: Is there a coat check available?
A: There is a complimentary coat check available at the event. Backpacks, briefcases, tote bags, or any other such items, are not permitted inside of Science of Cocktails. You will be asked to leave them at the coat check.
- Q: Will there be food available?
A: A gourmet buffet is provided throughout the evening; and we encourage you to eat as well as drink.
- Q: Will there be nonalcoholic beverages available?
A: Water, coffee, and tea will be provided throughout the evening. Nonalcoholic cocktails will also be available.
- Q: Where do I get one of those awesome Science of Cocktails posters?
A: Event posters will be on sale in the Exploratorium Store during the event. If you don't want to hold it during the event, you may leave it at the Store and it will be available for pick up at the main exit starting at 10:15 p.m.
- Q: Where can I get the recipes for the cocktails served at Science of Cocktails?
A: Recipes for the 2012 Science of Cocktails and all past Science of Cocktails events are available on our website (www.exploratorium.edu/scienceofcocktails) after the event. You can also pick up recipe cards, which are available at each bar during the event.
- Q: I'm a bartender and would like to get involved with Science of Cocktails; who should I talk to?
A: Please contact our Special Events Officer, Adrienne Moon, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: I am a spirits representative and would like to learn more about sponsorship; who should I talk to?
A: Please contact our Special Events Officer, Adrienne Moon, at email@example.com